Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hiking the Squaw!!

Sorry I'm getting a little behind again. The hard part isn't getting the pics on my laptop, it's deciding which ones to use and what to say about them.
Anyway, on June 3rd I took my Webelos scouts on our 3-mile hike up Squaw Trail in Kanab. They were raring to go, but by the time we got to the second switchback, they thought they should be done!! What little whiners! I am about 70 pounds overweight, and if I can make it, dang sure they're gonna!! We finally made it to the top and Dallen was getting eaten alive by nats. You can see the beautiful city of Kanab in the background. I now have seven Webelos in my den. (I couldn't get my den assistant, Joanna, to get in any of the pics.) I can't say it was the most fun I've had (hike was much easier 20 years ago-wow, I'm old!), but we made it and signed them all off!!!

No comments: